Monday 11 June 2007

The Jamie Birthday Weekend (not the Queens)

As you all know and for the ones who didn't it was my 30th birthday this weekend. It was also the Queens official birthday so the Aussies have a long weekend to celebrate this, why? we don't in the UK. Probably just an excuse to drink more beer.

On the Saturday night we went out with Nigel and Kendi to a few bars in Darling Harbour. Nigel and Kendi very kindly splashed out on 2 bottles of champagne as you can see in the photo below

From the photos below you can see the bubbles have gone to our heads a wee bit.
Nigel and Kendi doing a bit of dirty dancing.
Me with 2 drinks on the go. Thats how to spend your 30th!
The Big Day!
On Sunday me and Kate went for a meal on Darling Harbour. We went to a steak house and I had a huge lump of meat, which was nice. Kate was a bit more reserved and got a smaller steak.
We also had a few Strawberry Royales, which is a champagne cocktail, very nice too!
This is me showing the new watch Kate bought.
Kate isn't as drunk as she looks on this picture but we tried to get that way drinking the champagne cocktails.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jamie. I hope you've got my card by now. Sorry I must have sent it a bit late... Can you believe my camera's broken - I'll have to get a new one before I come over. See you both in less than 13 days. Love Edna (Mum)x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie

Hope you had a great birthday - did you receive our cards in time? Sent you a text on the day but I don't know if I have the right number!

Love

Paula, Andy, Niamh & Connie

Unknown said...

Those pictures are funny! That was a fun night!!!